DEEPER KNOWLEDGE: ADVANCED TEACHERS INTENSIVE
I am really excited to be offering this course in conjunction with the Yyoga Teachers’ College in Vancouver, this summer.
I developed this course to offer yoga teachers and advanced yoga practitioners, core insights that we have developed in our approach to Yoga + Blissology. If there is a word to capture what we are doing it is sustainability.
Sustainability is about listening to needs of a system and tempering the mindset of ego-centrism, so that the system can replenish itself and flourish. Blissology is the art of tuning into love and wisdom so we can balance out our selfish desires (i.e. driven by the ego) with our impact on the interconnected web of life. This ability sustains our own bodies, the health and well being of our students, our personal relationships, our communities and the environment and is essential especially today in our precarious modern times.
In the Vancouver Blissology Deeper Knowledge Teachers’ Intensive, we will explore fresh and exciting ways of understanding yoga alignment principles and adjustments. Everything we do is within the context of the Blissology Mission of finding strategies to stay connected to the source of infinite, love, joy and bliss and bringing it out into the world.
Think of this course as a rich, exciting and sustainable toolbox for your teaching and practice.
We are offering this course, this summer in Vancouver, so it is accessible to more students, at the beautiful Yyoga Teachers’ College in Kitsilano. The course qualifies for Yoga Alliance C.E.U.s and will also count towards the Blissology Yoga 500 hour RYT.
I hope that you will join me.
The focus of this course will be
- Fundamental Alignment Principles: See the underlying principles and patterns of optimal alignment so our bodies can function better during yoga and in daily life both now and in old age
- Safe and Effective Adjustments: Once we can see these underlying principles, we can use both left and right brain knowledge to move students into deeper expressions of the poses appropriate for their bodies
- Precise and Elegant Cues: Become able to find elegant words that transpose the lightness and freedom we all look for in yoga practice, to your students.
These aspects will be the major focus of the course, but we will also touch upon:
- Effective Sequencing: Learn how to sequence our classes so they flow magically from pose to pose making them an unfolding of pure magic.
- Key Pranayama Techniques: Get into the subtle body through powerful and intelligent breath techniques.
- Knowledge of Nervous System: By learning more about the nervous system we can deepen both the physical and psychological aspects of yoga.
- Injury Prevention and Treatment: Learn about the common injuries that typically impact most students; shoulder, knee and back issues
- Philosophy for the Modern Era: Deepen your passion for connecting ancient teachings of yoga philosophy to the needs of the modern era.
- How to stay inspired as a teacher!
This course is valuable on its own, or can be taken as a preparation for the second session of the Yoga + Blissology 200 Hour certification Sessions which begins 7 days after this course ends.
You can expect to:
-work in small groups
-leave with incredible knowledge of yoga asana alignment and adjusting that will blow the minds of your students!
-receive hands on attention, working directly with Eoin Finn
-complete intensive, 8 hour days in beautiful Vancouver, BC
-qualify for Yoga Alliance CEU’s
-connect with really cool, conscious and inspired people
Location: YYOGA, Broadway + Fir, Vancouver, BC
DATES: SEPT 10-14, 2012
TIMES: 9:00 am – 4:30pm Daily
COST: $795 + HST (course only, accommodations and transportation not included)
Email us if you have any questions. Space is very limited to ensure the quality of your learning experience so sign up early.